Corpus Christi Auto Accident Attorney | Corpus Christi Car Wreck Lawyer | Corpus Christi Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Corpus Christi area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Corpus Christi, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Corpus Christi area.
When Should You Hire an Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining an Corpus Christi, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Corpus Christi auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from an Corpus Christi auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain an Corpus Christi car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need an Corpus Christi Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Corpus Christi car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Corpus Christi area and in all areas of Nueces County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in an Corpus Christi, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Corpus Christi accident attorney.
Corpus Christi Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Corpus Christi you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Corpus Christi will try to successfully handle your Corpus Christi car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to an Corpus Christi bad faith insurance claim.
Corpus Christi Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Corpus Christi Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Corpus Christi area. Corpus Christi Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call an Corpus Christi Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Corpus Christi Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Corpus Christi, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Corpus Christi fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an Corpus Christi auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (361) 886-2600 ;
- As soon as you are able, call an Corpus Christi car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by an Corpus Christi ambulance, you can later get information at:
Corpus Christi EMS or Corpus Christi Fire Department
2406 Leopard Street 300
Corpus Christi, TX 78408-3719
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Corpus Christi, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Corpus Christi Police Department : (361) 886-2600
Nueces County Precinct 5: (361) 387-0645
Nueces County Precinct 7: (361) 749-5272
Nueces County Sheriff: (361) 289-4200
Other reasons to retain an Corpus Christi, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Nueces County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Corpus Christi, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Nueces County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Corpus Christi car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Corpus Christi will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
An Corpus Christi injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Corpus Christi car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Nueces County Civil Courts or Nueces County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Corpus Christi trial courts include:
- If your Corpus Christi injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Corpus Christi tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Corpus Christi involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Corpus Christi Residents
Corpus Christi Area Medical Facilities
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi
Dubuis Hospital of Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi Medical Center -Doctors Regional
Northwest Regional Hospital
Kindred Hospital Corpus Christi
Driscoll Children's Hospital
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital South
Corpus Christi Specialty Hospital
Corpus Christi Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Goodyear Auto Service Center
Fast Kat Automotive Repair
Staples Tire & Automotive
Corpus Christi Area Car Rental Services
5940 South Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
Mike Shaw Toyota
Corpus Christi Airport-Crp
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Corpus Christi area or anywhere in Nueces County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Corpus Christi vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Corpus Christi and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout South Texas including Aqua Dulce, Bishop, Calallen, Corpus Christi, Doyle, Driscoll, Gregory, Ingleside, Ingleside on the Bay, Odem, Palo Alto, Petronila, Port Aransas, Portland, Rabb, Robstown, San Juan, San Pedro, Taft, Tierra Grande, Viola, Violet and other communities in Kieberg County, Nueces County, and San Patricio County.